Thursday, March 15, 2007

Post from Summer '06

I Feel Floopy, oh so Floopy

You Have a Choleric Temperament

You are a person of great enthusiasm - easily excited by many things.
Unsatisfied by the ordinary, you are reaching for an epic, extraordinary life.
You want the best. The best life. The best love. The best reputation.

You posses a sharp and keen intellect. Your mind is your primary weapon.
Strong willed, nothing can keep you down. Your energy can break down any wall.
You're an instantly passionate person - and this passion gives you an intoxicating power over others.

At your worst, you are a narcissist. Full of yourself and even proud of your faults.
Stubborn and opinionated, you know what you think is right. End of discussion.
A bit of a misanthrope, you often see others as weak, ignorant, and inferior.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Picovoli Pics Pre Pinned Prior to Project sPectrum

Posting while watching the Princess Bride

It's DONE whaaaa HOOOO =) I just finished it and now, after the pic was taken, I've got it washed and hopefully blocking enough to stop the rolling that I'm holding down with my hands so expertly =) I had a couple of closer pics, but they just looked a little TOO dorky =/ Taking pictures of yourself is not so easy. Now we know why most of us take pics that don't include the head, thereby completely avoiding the dork factor that is pretty much inevitable when trying to concentrate on getting a good picture without making a strange face. That may not make YOU look dorky, but for me it SO does. =)*)

I'll be casting on my daughter's Picovoli today, if I get my way. Incontheivable!

EDITED TO ADD: I cast on the Picovoli was sure it wasn't twisted, got several rounds done. Completed the picot edge and 3 needle knit off only to finally discover it WAS twisted! ARG! Hallo, my name is April, my knitting is twisted, prepare to cry. So I went back to the beginning, just like Vicinny told me to. At least I'm not inebriated.






PROJECT SPECTRUM

Here is my one blue flower from my very green little garden cove thing in front of my house. So pretend it's still May while you look at it, because I don't have any more blue things out there!
























Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Just for Fun

Ok Peeps, I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things, and, hey - I LOVE THIS CRAP
Your Five Factor Personality Profile

Extroversion:

You have high extroversion.
You are outgoing and engaging, with both strangers and friends.
You truly enjoy being with people and bring energy into any situation.
Enthusiastic and fun, you're the first to say "let's go!"

Conscientiousness:

You have medium conscientiousness.
You're generally good at balancing work and play.
When you need to buckle down, you can usually get tasks done.
But you've been known to goof off when you know you can get away with it.

Agreeableness:

You have medium agreeableness.
You're generally a friendly and trusting person.
But you also have a healthy dose of cynicism.
You get along well with others, as long as they play fair.

Neuroticism:

You have low neuroticism.
You are very emotionally stable and mentally together.
Only the greatest setbacks upset you, and you bounce back quickly.
Overall, you are typically calm and relaxed - making others feel secure.

Openness to experience:

Your openness to new experiences is high.
In life, you tend to be an early adopter of all new things and ideas.
You'll try almost anything interesting, and you're constantly pushing your own limits.
A great connoisseir of art and beauty, you can find the positive side of almost anything.
.........................................................
I'm hemming up my Picovoli this very minute! Well... the minute of 5:58pm Saturday June the 24th.
PS. Confidential hello to all of Emily's friends! =)*)

Too Hilarious to Pass Up





You Are 40% Normal

(Somewhat Normal)









While some of your behavior is quite normal...

Other things you do are downright strange

You've got a little of your freak going on

But you mostly keep your weirdness to yourself




OK, so that's just a little too true. Is that pic crazy or what? I could totally do cat eyes makeup, too, and look even freakier than that! THAT is what is REALLY freaky.
I also got tagged by Samantha for the one word meme that's going around blog town. SO... here goes!


This is your mission, should you decide to take it:
So after you comment on my freakiness, please leave a one word comment which you believe best describes me. (NOT catty, too easy)
IF you decide to take this mission, then I will do the same for you. This message will now self destruct.
ok, so that's a lie, but hey - it sounds good, right?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Whassa Motta Me?

I'm still slacking in just about every way I can think of. I don't wanna blog, I don't wanna clean (do I ever want to? hmmm) I don't wanna eat lunch until supper time b/c I'm too lazy. All I wanna do is knit and knit and nap and knit some more. So that's mostly what I've been doing, knitting and knitting, dozing off, jolting awake and knitting some more. Well.... that's not entirely true because I did vacuum and do the dishes and feed the kids a few times, but I really just wanted to keep knitting instead. (except for the kids eating, of course - I'm not a monster) hahaha

Of course all this knitting means I'm nearly done with my Picovoli, which I probably forgot to even mention in here. I can't even remember. Anyway, remember the awesome yarn I got on my first trip to a LYS? It's cotton, silk and angora dk weight stuff. I had originally thought that I would make a cardigan with it, but soon realized that although I completely cleaned them out of that particular dye lot, it just wasn't enough for that sort of project. SO... since it's partly cotton and I need another Picovoli, and this yarn is scrumptous on the skin - good solution! right? heee! I can't wait to wear it. It looks SO rich colorwise!














As soon as I'm done with this one, I'm starting one for my daughter in the yarn that she picked out for herself at the same yarn shop. She rolled two balls of fingering weight together, one pink one orange to make a very interesting ball of egyptian cotton yarn that's the perfect weight for a cute little Picovoli in her size! That should be a super quick knit! Especially since there will be only slight fitting inc's and dec's if any. Can' wait to start it!


Speaking of my daughter, I've been trying for several months to come up with suitable nicknames for her and the two boys, well... three counting the DH. I'm tired of the DS's and DD's. I was considering Thumbelina for my daughter or something of that nature, but it probably won't fit for long, and it's not such an easy name to type. Maybe Sunshine or some such. Then there are the boys who are really nothing alike. Of course the 7 yr old fancies himself a super hero, but I probably couldn't get away with calling him one of those names for very long. ? who knows ? I could probably call the youngest SpiderTot or SpiderKid because he is SUCH a climber! I'm always finding him atop things he should not be climbing. Too bad there's not a dinosaur notorious for climbing, because he loves to roar like a dinosaur, too. SpiderRex? haha My D7yrS decided on Dash - like from the Incredibles and with his help we've come up with Spidey for the 2yr old. What do y'all think? Now if I could just think of a name for the Man of the house... hmmm He's good at everything sciency, electronic, computer or phone related. I'm stumped. MrPuter hehehe - I'm sure I'll get in trouble for that double entendre! hahahahahaaaaa

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hello, my name is April....

......and I am a Project Spectrum slacker for May and June. Especially where it concerns the Post Card Swap! I stink!

I am thoroughly ashamed of myself. I'm not even sure what my excuses are. All I know is that I have totally lost my motivation or something. I kept wanting to paint something awesome and viney, but my artistic Rennaissance seems to have gone into a Reccession. Oh BLAST! Oh WRETCH! Oh FIDDLE dee DEE!

My one consolation is that she'll die of a broken heart and THEN he'll be sorry for what he's done! ahem! cough cough.... aHEM. You mean I can't just quote movies for this WHOLE post and get away with it? RATS! .....well......ALRIGHTY then....

My ONE consolation is that my Project Spectrum Post Card Pal for MAY, Amy, through no fault of her own, also had to send her post card a little belated. And WHAT a post card it is! Actually HOW beautiful they BOTH are!?! ***sigh*** So I'm sorta glad that I didn't send my cheesy viney idea for a card that would have been half hearted at best, because OMG this chick sent me a true work of art. I mean, I KNEW she was an artist and all, but the thing she sent me is FRAME worthy! I want to put it on my wall and stare at it every day. In FACT, I just spied a perfect spot for it on my little 3 tiiered heart shelf. Feast your eyes on this thing, I think it's made of WOOD, too, so no ordinary post card, my friends, NO ORDINARY POST CARD!
(my pics are not showing up, so these links to flikr are my only option, sorry for the inconvenience of clicking a million times in this post, when blogger or my computer starts acting like normal, I'll put in the pics for real, sorry sorry sorry SO sorry)



Then, for good measure she sent me something for the month of JUNE! Of COURSE she did! Why? Well, because she's really very very sweet and not at all trying to intimidate me into a creative anal retention. Noooooo NE-ver! LOOK HOW PRETTY!

Of course, you know what this means, right? I have to do a really awesome job on TWO cards as well, or feel guilty for how long? FOR-E-VER..... FOR-E-VER.... FOR-E-VER..... FOR-E-VER

So my MAY card I'm sending IS still cheesy, but it took a lot of work and it's a tiny bit ok. Here's the May card I'll mail on Monday. It's very..... uuuuuuummmmm..... layery - many layers of stuff and lots of spray glue. (so that made it an enlightening experience wooooooo)


So what do do in blue? hmmmm What to do for JUNE?

FOR
I did a tiny little painting for Amy, a little reminiscent of what she did in her painting, but different too. I hope she likes it, and I hope it's ok to put it in here before she gets it, but seriously, I HAD to HAD to HAD to post SOMETHING for Project Spectrum or go crazy. So here's what I did.
Now to go drink my coffee, even though it's pushing 10:30 pm. Why is that? Am I really that stooopid? Well, yes I am, but that's beside the point. I have to drink the coffee to keep from getting a migraine from the movie my twisted husband is making my watch tonight. Don't get me wrong, I love this movie, but it breaks my heart to watch it and it gives me a headache to watch these kind of movies, so if I caffiene up, sometimes it helps =(
Oh, btw.... the movie is Pay it Forward. I get a lump in my throat just saying the title.
Ok, I got thru the movie and no headache! It's a miRACle ***whew!*** I did cry my eyes out, so I guess I'd better go and try to find 'em (which can be pretty hard when you can't see) =p

Monday, June 05, 2006

Two FO's forward, One FO back


OOPS, I guess I ought to post something, eh?

One finished Jaywalker












One finished Dishcloth thingy
in the shape of a Honey Bee




The Jaywalker was too floppy, so it was frogged and I'll go down a size, it was good practice, anyway =)*)


posted by Aprilynne @ 6:56 PM 12 comments

No comments: